Ads 468x60px

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday 4 November 2011

Wrap Up - October

Welcome everyone to my September Wrap Up post. In the end of every month I make a 'Wrap Up' post to summarize all the books that I read in the month and give a few thoughts on them. I know that Misty at the Book Rat and Carla at the Library Mosaic also do something similar to this. So go and check them out!

Previous Wrap Ups:

If you would like to see my review of the books, there will be a link directing you to my review on the title of each reviewed book. If there is a particular book that I read this month and haven't reviewed on the blog. Please don't hesitate to ask me in the comments below and I will try to do so!
Books Read In September:
A Need So Beautiful (A Need So Beautiful, #1)

You Against Me - Jenny Downham (Amazon/Goodreads)
Vanish - Sophie Jordan (Amazon/Goodreads)
Snow Spell Sonia Pereira Murphy (Amazon/Goodreads)
The Girl of Fire and Thorns - Rae Carson (Amazon/Goodreads)
Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen (Amazon/Goodreads)
A Need So Beautiful - Suzanne Young (Amazon/Goodreads)

Book Battle:

Contemporary Realistic Fiction: 
You Against MeVS.Between Shades of GrayVS.Water For Elephants
WINNER: Between Shades of Gray
This one was a big tie between, You Against Me and Between Shades of Gray. Both were absolutely amazing and magnificent in their own ways. But I feel that Between Shades of Gray is one of those books that I will always remember and that is what made it the winner for me! I enjoyed reading Water for Elephants but I had many problems with it and that is what kept me from enjoying it as much as many other have.

Fantasy or Paranormal Fiction:

Vanish (Firelight, #2)VS.Snow Spell (Snow Spell Series)VS.The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns #1)VS.A Need So Beautiful (A Need So Beautiful, #1)
WINNER: A Need So Beautiful
Wow! This was another tough one. All these books were so different from each other. Yet they were all spectacular! The fantasy genre is quickly becoming on of my favourite genre's and it is because of these kinds of amazing books! I don't know what to say about A Need So Beautiful. This books was just magical. It was truly beautiful and heart wrenching and I couldn't put it down! Really recommend this books to readers of all ages!


Favourites:

Book Title: Wow, I'm left with a hard decision this month. I feel that all the books I read this month had beautiful and catchy titles that also had very deep meaning and significance to the stories. And I absolutely love that! So being horrible at making tough decisions I will name 3 awesome titles. You Against Me, Between Shades of Gray, A Need So Beautiful.

Book Cover: This one will have to go to, A Need So beautiful. I mean has anyone seen that cover? It is absolutely gorgeous! And to add to its wonderfulness, the cover also has a lot to do with the book itself which to me is a win/win situation!!!

Female Character: Lina from Between Shades of Gray is completely deserving of this title. Although I loved all of my female characters this month, I thought that Lina was just an incredibly amazing and strong character. She stayed strong and good no matter the situations she was put in and to me she is a role model. This is someone that we could all learn so much from!

Male Character: This month was definitely a month of awesome male characters. But they were different from the usual young adult bad boy. They we good boys!!! I have to say as much as like the bad boys, the good boys were pretty damn awesome. And it is because of that awesomeness that I am faced with yet another difficult decision. But I think Micky from You Against Me must win this one!

Side Character: This one will have to go to Vanish. In this book we got to see more of the side character, much to my delight. We got to see more of Jacinda's mother, Tamra and her best friend Azure. There was a lot of Pride members as well.  Such as Miram, Cassian's sister. Overall, they were very interesting characters in my opinion!

Plot: I think the plot of, The Girl of Fire and Thorns was just amazing! There so much action, suspense, drama! You could see that it was a very well thought out plot. There was no plot holes and story came together beautifully!!

Ending: Snow Spell. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the ending of this book. I thought it showed a lot more of Neve's character. She wasn't the damsel in distress that are present in most fairy tales and that was very refreshing! But even without that the ending was pretty epic!

Quotes:

You Against Me:
“Do you want this to be a love story?” 
“Statement: A girl and a boy jump into a river. The boy swims over to the girl and says, "God, it's cold." Question: What's the probability they will kiss?” 
“Sometimes if you want something badly enough, you can make it happen. If you miss someone so desperately that it wrecks your insides, you say their name over and over until you conjure then. It's called sympathetic magic and you just have to believe in it to make it work.” 
-“I like you," he said. He made it sound as if she was bound to disagree with him. She nodded. His face said he was telling her something very important. He said, "I mean it. Whatever happens, you have to believe that.”
Vanish: 
“Holding a hand over my eyes, I look up at him. "Thanks, I'm glad were...friends." I say the word friends deliberately, letting the emphasis get my point across. His mouth curves with a slow smile. "I've never wanted to be your friend, Jacinda." My heart stutters in my chest. Standing in the pouring rain, I watch him walk away.” 
Between Shades of Gray:  
"Have you ever wondered what a human life was worth? That morning, my brother's was worth a pocket watch."
The Girl of Fire and Thorns:
-“He has the look of a mighty mind, whose thoughts spin hidden beneath the impassive surface.”
Water for Elephants:
“Life is the most spectacular show on earth  
- “When two people are meant to be together, they will be together. It's fate.” 
- “Dear God. Not only am I unemployed and homeless, but I also have a pregnant woman, bereaved dog, elephant, and eleven horses to take care of.” 
A Need So Beautiful:
- "Suddenly I'm hit with heavy, bone-shaking vibrations that seem to run though my veins. They fill me up, take me over. Oh God. Not Now."
Happy Reading ^_^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! Thank you soo much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and treasure all of your comments ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...